Elope with me
(& Nel the Van)
Some of the most powerful weddings I have been a part of have been little elopements.
It might just be the two of you, perhaps your kids are with you too or a couple of your nearest & dearest.
But keeping it simple means the focus is right where it needs to be; on the two of you and the commitment you are making to one another.
When you have been in the wedding game a while, you make connections with all kinds of awesome vendors; so I can assist you to custom build an elopement that best suits you – you can go minimal or add in as many elements as you like.
My fave elopements to work with couples to create, are when you make it an entire weekend and the experience carries across a couple of days. Often these will be a little weekend getaway somewhere new.
- You roll into your accommodation the day before the wedding, meeting myself & your photographer for a chat and debrief over a meal at a local cafe or bar.
- Those chats help you to feel relaxed with us on the day and excited for the ceremony!
- The thing is, one of the nicest parts of the ceremony is actually the build-up! Those conversations that couples have with me to create a personalised ceremony allow them to reflect on where they started and what they have created; they are really enjoyable & get you excited for the day!
- You don’t want to scrimp on this element.
- The morning of the elopement you have a slow morning, go out for breakfast, maybe someone gets their hair and makeup done (that’s when I’m taking what you shared and making a ceremony that truly reflects whats important to you)
- A local florist drops off your flowers (and if we are really lucky they may have even been locally grown too!) you jump in a car to drive out to the ceremony setting you have chosen & we meet you there.
- When the ceremony begins, it’s got a relaxed, intimate conversational vibe; leaving the two of you feeling comfortable and at ease. You’re not on display, it is just a real and genuine moment we are all sharing together.
- You may have some champagne post-ceremony, a grazing box from another local business, before heading off on a mission with your photographer to capture some cool photos.
- That night you have a meal at one of the best local restaurants and the following day you got to see a local sight maybe a winery or a bushwalk.
- It always feels really good to put money into local businesses & if eco-ethcial weddings are your thing there is some great inspiration over at Less Stuff More Meaning.
Me & Nel are always up for a new adventure & discovering a new location, let’s do this!